Dear Members of the Rutgers Community:
These are, understandably, challenging times for all of us, and we want you to know that at Rutgers, we are all here for one another.
The global pandemic and its economic impact, civil unrest, the inability to make plans and the general uncertainty about the future, upcoming exams, holidays right around the corner, and tomorrow’s national election can certainly add to personal stress and anxiety. These are difficult times to which each one of us is reacting or responding in our own ways.
Even though we currently are physically distanced, the fact is we are a community—a beloved community in which we look out for one another. Each of us has heard from members of the community who are struggling in one way or another, and we want to help.
On behalf of the university, we thought that it would be important to remind you that there are mental health resources available to every member of our community. Those resources include access to professional counseling and advice, or other help if you think you would just like someone to talk to.
We have all focused on the importance of good public health practices to stop the spread of the coronavirus. We also need to remember to take care of our social, emotional, and mental health.
For more information about the resources available to you, see below.
Please stay safe, stay well and remember to take care of yourself.
Jonathan Holloway, President and University Professor
Nancy Cantor, Chancellor
Margaret Marsh, Interim Chancellor
Christopher Molloy, Chancellor
Brian Strom, Chancellor
Counseling and Wellness Services for Students
- Rutgers–New Brunswick: Counseling, Alcohol and Other Drug Assistance Program and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences: University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC) Student Wellness Program
- Rutgers–Newark: Counseling Center
- Rutgers–Camden: Student Wellness Center Psychological and Counseling Services
- Well-being Resources for Rutgers University Students [PDF]
Counseling and Wellness Services for Faculty and Staff
- Rutgers University Human Resources Wellness Resources
- Rutgers4U is a confidential support line to offer emotional and therapeutic support during and following the COVID-19 pandemic to Rutgers Staff, Faculty members and their families. Access the support line by calling 1-855-652-6819.
- Well-being Resources for Rutgers Faculty and Staff [PDF]